Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blessed

I am so unbelievably blessed.

There are moments when that acknowledgement rises to my awareness with such magnitude and force that it just about takes my breath away.

The awareness brings with it a sense of peace and calmness that vibrates from within. I can feel its presence in every fiber of my being. It is truly a transcending experience for me. It is the feeling I was wanting when I picked up a drink. It is the one that eluded me; the one that drinking moved me further and further away from.

In sobriety, I haven't so much as reached for it, as I did when I was drinking, as much as I have made space for it. I am allowing a place for it to reside; a place that didn't exist when I was drinking. I am able to open the door of my life and welcome it as an honor guest. It isn't always amplified, but it does linger in the background just inside my consciousness and it is more amazing than I could have ever guessed.

It is something you must experience for yourself, but if you want it, if you are gentle and have patience, if you have faith and believe, then it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment